Friday 20 June 2014

Literature review

Papers, books and journals were lying around but I did not know where to start.....

I had many references but I came to a dead end...I kept staring at my notes but I was not sure which one was to be highlighted first.  I was clueless.

Then, I tried to flip the notes my lecturer had given me during one of the classes...Well, after reading my green log book, I realised I needed to follow the steps of literature review which will definitely aid me in writing the proposal.  

The steps: (as discussed in the class on 26 April 2014)

1.  Define the research problem as precisely as possible.

2.  Look at relevant secondary sources.

3.  Select one or two appropriate general reference works.

4.  Formulate key terms pertinent to the research problems and questions.

5.  Search the general references for relevant primary sources.

6.  Obtain and read relevant primary sources;  note and summarize key points in the sources.


No comments:

Post a Comment