Tuesday 10 June 2014

First Task

Hi it's me again,

On 22 March, we were instructed by Dr. Teoh to send our task 1 via the iLearn.  I have submitted my assignment earlier but during the last week's meeting, I met Dr Teoh and showed her my work.  She was really helpful in assisting me in my task.

This was what my first task look like:

Topic Area:
Literature Component in English SPM

Research Problem:
The effectiveness of using mind map in helping upper secondary students to write good literary essays.

Research Questions:
1.  Will mind map help students to effectively write literary essays?
2.  How does the use of mind map aid students to give their own personal respond to the text?
3.  Does the use of mind map broaden the student's outlook?


However, after discussing above matters, I realized that my research problem is not a 'problem'.  You have to ask yourself, why is it important to do the research?  The problem explored should be important to the field that you want to look into.

Searching for research questions is also a daunting task- it is not easy to write the correct questions.  I constantly ask myself whether I am asking the right questions.  From my lecturer, I learnt that a clear and appropriate research question is the foundation of a good research.  A research question identifies what we as the researcher want to know. Without a research question, we do not know what are we going to do.

So, when I came back that night, I tried to redo my work and the next day, on Sunday, I resubmitted my task 1.  It was the last day of sending the assignment and I was relieved that I could do it on time. So, this is the new edition of my task 1.







No comments:

Post a Comment