Thursday 12 June 2014

another review...


Well, in the process of doing my research, I have gained a lot of insights especially on the subject of literature because that is another focus of my research.  I was staring in front of my monitor, day and night, in the hope to find the best articles for my literature review.  I have to say it was not easy but the experience was worthwhile.  Not only I could discover numerous research conducted by previous prof and scholars, I got the chance to upgrade myself in terms of enhancing my surfing skill which was not so significant as before I started my master class.





However, this article was not from my long hours of surfing the net. I attained this from my literature lecturer, the super adorable Dr. Shireena, for the class material.  This piece of writing that was written by Sivakumar Sivasubramaniam helped me abundantly in understanding literature.  His paper "Promoting the Prevalence of Literature In the Practice of Foreign and Second Language Education:  Issues and Insights" argues for the inclusion of literature in mainstream EFL and ESL.  He also includes the issues and insights of teaching literature for EFL and ESL classroom that facilitate my understanding of the role of literature.  I am grateful that I came across his views as it significantly feeds a hungry mind like mine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment